In this tutorial I am going to go over how to quickly draw a few different leaves.
But first! If you want to be notified when new tutorials are up, drop your email below!
This leaf is broken down into three easy steps!
- Draw an eye shape
- Add a line down the middle
- Finish the stem
It's important to remember not to make any of these leaves perfect. It looks more natural if the line down the middle is curved slightly and off centered.
For the next leaf, all you have to do is:
- Make a long tear drop shape
- Draw a line down the middle
Try not to make the rounded part of the tear drop shape too rounded. it should have a very subtle point.
This is the leaf I like to use in the sunflower drawings I've done. Here are the steps for this one:
- Draw the eye shape - very lightly
- Line down the middle
- Add some veins in the leaf, but not too many
- Now make the edges of the leaf indent where the veins are
- And darken it all!
And there you have it! Three easy leaves you can use in your bouquet sketches and clip art. For more tutorials click here: